No animals were harmed in the making of this vase

It took me forever to come up with the design for this vase. I know, I know – looking at it, you’d never know it. As usual, I had grand, elaborate ideas. Complicated ideas. Ones that would not fit on a vase like this. Thankfully, my trusty inner editor kicked in and I pared the design down to the end product. Not much exciting happened during the making of this vase. I didn’t watch any fabulous movies or discover any great new musicians (side note: Triple J Unearthed is a treasure trove of undiscovered Aussie musicians and the source of many a mix CD over here at our place).

No wait! I believe the Great Chokecherry Incident of 2008 occurred at some point during the weeks I was working on this vase. What is GCI 2008, you ask? It’s when our relatively new dog, Dexter (yes, named after the TV serial killer), decided to gorge himself on chokecherries while we were out picking them to make chokecherry syrup. Who knew chokecherry pits contained cyanide? Clearly not us! To make a long story short, we quickly Googled “chokecherries + dogs + poison”, started freaking out (especially since one of the symptoms of cyanide poisoning was “sudden death”), phoned the emergency vet clinic just to make sure we were freaking out for a good reason, induced vomiting as per the clinic’s instructions, and then fed poor Dexter milk, burnt toast, and a generous dose of vegetable oil (which didn’t have its intended effect) and voila! Dexter was no worse for wear, although our nerves were pretty shot.

So, in closing, I present to you Dexter, shortly before his chokecherry-induced near-death experience. Oh, and the vase. Enjoy!

Dexter, just before he nearly experience "sudden death" due to chokecherry poisoning

, , , ,

No comments yet.

Let me know what you think!

Powered by WordPress. Designed by WooThemes

%d bloggers like this: